Here’s an overview of the changes. Note the PIN Unlock feature!
Google Chrome Blog – By: Ketaki Deshpande – “The Stable channel has been updated to 57.0.2987.123 (Platform version: 9202.56.1, 9202.56.2) for all Chrome OS devices except AOpen Chromebase Mini, AOpen Chromebox Mini, Google Chromebook Pixel (2015), ASUS Chromebook Flip C100PA, Samsung Chromebook Plus. This build contains a number of bug fixes, security updates, and feature enhancements. Systems will be receiving updates over the next several days.
Some highlights of these changes are:
- Enable silent authentication
- Updated default wallpaper
- Updated boot animation
- Media files from Android Applications available in Files
- PIN unlock is available on all Chromebooks
- Chrome Camera App Front/Rear Flip UI
- Image copy/paste feature for Citrix Receiver on Chrome OS
- Power button now turns off display on devices that support tablet-mode
Note: Access to bug details and links may be kept restricted until a majority of users are updated with a fix. We will also retain restrictions if the bug exists in a third party library that other projects similarly depend on, but haven’t yet fixed.
If you find new issues, please let us know by visiting our forum or filing a bug. Interested in switching channels? Find out how. You can submit feedback using ‘Report an issue…’ in the Chrome menu (3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser).”